Monday, March 10, 2014

Vision 21: Helping too Much?

Helping life path growth


My guide Ouroboros have given me a lot to think about this morning while I was channeling him. He mentioned how much energy I invest into helping people around me and how that is affecting my own life.

It’s funny, I was thinking about a similar concept about where I am to where the ones closest to me are, and how I like to drag them up to where I am. Even though this can be a great thing, it can turn into a burden easily.

I love being able to be there for people, especially my friends. I love teaching and showing people how they can expand in their lives and get to where they want to go. But I do see a trend where I might not be willing to see that “where they are is where they are” and that I have to have that level of detachment of their growth and path.

I don’t know what it is, but my pace seems to go a lot faster than I even realize, and when I’m at a certain pace/thought/growth/place in my life, I assume other people should be there too. Sometimes, honestly speaking, I can get easily frustrated with people because I don’t seem to understand why they are still struggling with the same issues for a really long time, especially if I’ve been “guiding” them the whole way through.

I often have to stop myself and think from a bigger perspective. They don’t know what I know, they are not on the same exact path and they are where they are and it’s perfect. I do the same things too in life. I don’t always know the right answer, path or whatever it is for me to get out of the sticky situation I’m in, so I get stuck for a while.

I guess the real “answer” and the thing that Ouroboros is trying to convey to me is that I need to stop inputting so much energy in other people where it can be more productive for myself. To respect where people are in their lives and not feel obligated to push them to where I am. That is hard for me to hear because I so naturally drag people out of their issues provided that the person is willing to go there. It just comes naturally, and I’m not sure why. So trying to reverse that thinking and mindset will be pretty interesting, that and I’m curious how much this need to help people really does affect my life.

I can say that it doesn’t affect my life in a negative sense but maybe if I stopped thinking so much about other people, their issues and ways to help them and believe and trust they can do it on their own, I can find more time and resources for myself. A part of me feel that it’s wrong but I know this is truly the right thing. When I put things in a higher perspective, maybe my need to help other people comes from looking at myself where I wasn’t at my greatest point and doing all that I can to save “her.”

Not to say that I’m only thinking about myself, that is not the case, I see people as they are. But that similar “pain point” is what drives me so hard to save “anyone” that I feel familiarly with. I think that is what keeps my past alive when I’m actively changing my present and future.

A lot of the past have been creeping up on me and had me thinking about how much I changed for the better. But I think it was more of a wakeup call to finally stop indulging and relating the past to my current present and just move on to bigger and better things. One of the biggest ways I can do that is let go of that need to save people from themselves and issues. I can still be there of support but that should be my only role, support, not a driving force for them to change…
Powered by Blogger.

Search

© The Golden Mirror, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena